/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/TFTHeaderLogo.png00Joanne Callahan/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/TFTHeaderLogo.pngJoanne Callahan2015-07-02 17:38:362015-07-02 17:38:36Dr. Roger Callahan Discusses Thought Field Therapy
As summer winds down and we approach the end of August, many of us turn our thoughts to getting ready for “back to school” and the stresses, both emotional and financial that accompany it. TFT can help us face these challenges with calm confidence and focus.
We will follow along the same theme, tapping for our family, which focused on the joy of birth and the heart break of infertility. We shared some of the ways TFT has been helpful in facilitating pregnancy and supporting a healthy baby. We even shared some pictures of a couple of our beautiful “TFT” babies.
But, in order to remain a “Happy, Healthy Family”, we also need to learn ways to safely and quickly address the stresses of a growing and aging family. Back to school and the challenges that come with that phase of life can take it’s toll on the entire family. We will also touch on this in our upcoming teleclass, Tapping for a Healthy, Happy Family — From the Very Beginning.
As millions are focused on the back to school processes, parents, teachers and our children are experiencing the stress and anxiety of beginning another school year.
A new school year, is a time of excitement and anticipation, but it can also be very stressful. Read more
Please keep all the people being affected by this storm on the east coast in your thoughts and prayers.
The TFT Foundation’s FREE trauma relief web site provides the complex trauma and anger and guilt tapping sequences, in 11 languages in video and print. Please use this for yourselves and share with all you know who may be feeling the far reaching affects of this disaster.
/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/TFTHeaderLogo.png00Joanne Callahan/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/TFTHeaderLogo.pngJoanne Callahan2012-10-30 13:00:522012-10-30 13:00:52Superstorm Sandy - Help for Those Faced With Loss or Trauma
Do you remember the days when thinking about the Holidays filled your heart with excitement, your eyes with brilliance, your mind with expectation, and your tummy with dancing butterflies?
You may be wondering: what happened?!
If the same thought now fills you with more anxiety than joy, you are probably not alone. Crowded malls, company dinners, short daylight hours and the swine flu dread don’t help to lift the mood and cause that feeling of anxiety.
If you wish to experience peace of mind and balance even in the weeks to come, you will find the following three simple tips, from the amazing world of Thought Field Therapy, most useful:
* Watch what you eat. My primary concern here is not that you might gain weight if indulging in too many treats. Instead, I caution you to be aware of the Food-Mood Connection. When delicacies of every sort are amply available it is only too easy to overindulge in food stuff that may not agree with you. This can manifest physically in discomfort, even pain, as well as breathing and sleeping difficulties. Emotionally, too much of a good thing can show up in irritability, anxiety and depression. The Food-Mood connection is very real. It is not uncommon for clients to tell me that they feel sad and down after too much chocolate, or hypersensitive and angry after eating yet another cookie. Therefore, limit your food indulgences. Notice what you eat. Your waist line and your balanced, content mood will be your reward.
* Nip stress in the bud: Don’t let stress build up. Don’t wait until you reach the breaking point before you do something. It is so easy to eliminate all stress and anxiety with TFT. Just follow my TFT workout video, “The TFT Power Ritual,” below. Use it under the following circumstances.
* Tap in the morning. Think about the day/s and week/s ahead and tune into all your responsibilities, expectations and past experiences (e.g. traumas). Rate your level of upset on a scale from 0 to 10 (0 = no stress, 10 = extreme stress) and tap along with me on the video.
* Tap before going to bed. Think about the day you had, everything that was said, everything that happened and rate your level of upset, tension or anxiety. Now tap by following the video.
* Tap before you eat. Never, never eat from a place of anxiety. If nothing else, commit to yourself for the next few weeks that you will only eat when you are stress and anxiety FREE. Become aware of the tension in your body or the conversations in your head. Rate their intensity, then tap with the video. By doing so, you will be able to eat from a place of peace so you can actually notice what you are eating. People tell me that the food tastes better and that they need less of it to feel satisfied. Remember it’s not what you are eating – it’s what’s eating you. Get that out of the way and your meal becomes again a nourishing feast for body, mind and spirit.
* Food or Addiction? If you use Holiday treats as fuel to keep you going (similar to caffeine), you are probably under a lot of stress. There may even be an underlying addiction to these foods, an addiction you may not be aware of – not until you stop eating the treat. If you experience strong cravings, if you feel you just can’t do without a certain food, rate the intensity and use “The TFT Power Ritual” to eliminate the craving.
Implementing these ideas takes a bit of discipline. I know. And it is this discipline that will set you free. The Bible says that the meek shall inherit the world. Unfortunately, the word “praos” (meek) was translated incorrectly. A much better translation is “disciplined.” It is the disciplined that shall inherit the world, those who just do it.
These simple steps, when followed consistently, allow you to move from survival mode to thrive mode, despite whatever might be happening around you.
Listen to Business Talk Radio, Saturday, January 23rd at 2:00 EST, and learn how you can tap into better business, health and well-being this year.
By the third week of January, most of us have abandoned our well intended New Year’s Resolutions. However, TFT has some simple tools to prevent that self-sabotage, negative self-talk, eliminate those cravings, reduce stress and anxiety, and improve our ability to visualize for peak performance.
Vern Moter, CPA, and host of Your Practical Advisor on Business Talk Radio will interview Joanne Callahan, President of Callahan Techniques, Ltd. and co-developer of TFT.
They will talk about this year’s top 10 New Year’s Resolutions and teach listeners how to correct blocks to achievement and healing, eliminate cravings, and improve their ability to clearly visualize their desired goals.
They will also be offering a 25% on a Stop Smoking self-help package and a Free Stress Busting Guide. Be sure to listen for your 25% savings code for his listeners. In addition you will hear from Vern about some great self-help programs he has for increasing your income this year.
/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/TFTHeaderLogo.png00Joanne Callahan/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/TFTHeaderLogo.pngJoanne Callahan2010-01-21 12:01:042010-01-21 12:01:04Tapping Into Better Business, Health and Well-Being
As TFT leaders, we have demonstrated the revolutionary power of TFT to bring peace to one’s life, over many years and in many countries.
We’ve have also experienced the frustration of not being able to get it to the world fast enough to help all who need the healing power of TFT!
Now we are working to have TFT available to all who need it, in any country and any language. We have combined the healing power of TFT with the powerful communication tool of the internet!
It takes virtually no money or moving bodies—just our joint effort to add information and connect it to the individuals and communities in need.
Millions of people worldwide suffer from violence, natural disaster, illness, divorce, loss of job, home or loved ones, etc. Imagine what impact the relief of their suffering—the fear, grief, guilt, stress, anger, hatred—could have on the world?
Helping people with anxiety, trauma and stress is what we do best. Giving the gift of emotional freedom from trauma, stress and anxiety, is a wonderful thing.
The simple words of the priests in Uganda, TFT trauma treatment gave them “…a grace they had longed for…” (see previous post) and it clearly demonstrates what a humbling tool the gift of Thought Field Therapy is for peace in the world.
It’s a beautiful demonstration of how using TFT to relieve the effects of trauma can open people to peace, compassion and community. What a difference it could make in areas that have been plagued by violent conflict.
The implication of this kind of transformation is truly inspirational, especially considered on a large scale!
/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/TFTHeaderLogo.png00Joanne Callahan/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/TFTHeaderLogo.pngJoanne Callahan2009-05-02 12:05:122009-05-02 12:05:12Working Toward Peace, One Heart At A Time - TFT Trauma Relief